Silencers & NFA Items

Coyote Creek Outdoors is Minnesota’s premier dealer of silencers and NFA items. What sets us apart is our firsthand knowledge on the process as a retailer, and our employees with actual end user experience with NFA items. We are a Powered By Silencer Shop gold level dealer with a Silencer Shop kiosk on site, and a wide variety of silencers from the industry’s leading manufacturers. Every part of the process can be completed under our roof; selecting the right silencer, fingerprinting, creating and notarizing trust documents. We combine the best prices, with the widest selection and great service to provide the end user with a painless purchase process.

Silencer Ownership Simplified

Purchase Silencers Online!

Purchase Silencers Online!

We are a “Powered By Silencer Shop” gold level dealer with a Silencer Shop kiosk on site. Free Shipping and no transfer fees on suppressors.

Coyote Creek Outdoors is Minnesota’s premier dealer of silencers and NFA items! Purchase yours today by clicking here!


Under federal law, it has never been illegal to own a silencer. If it is legal for you to buy a handgun, and you live in a state that allows ownership, then it is probably legal for you to own a silencer. The basic requirements are as follows:

  • You must be at least 21 years old
  • You must live in a state that allows ownership
  • You must not have any felony convictions
No! There are some rumors that you need to have a “Class 3” license to own a silencer; but, this simply isn’t true. You do have to pay for a “tax stamp” when you buy the suppressor – but there are no ongoing fees or licenses required. This tax is similar to paying sales tax on a purchase, except that it goes to the federal government instead of the state government.
The state of Minnesota allows silencers, short barreled rifles (SBR), and “any other weapons” (AOW). Destructive Devices are prohibited, and machine guns are allowed but only those that qualify for C&R (Curios & Relics).
There are two primary “applicant types” that end consumers will register NFA items under; as individuals, or under a trust. If you register your item as an individual you are the only person that can legally be in possession of it, where as on a trust you can add as many “responsible persons” as you please. A trust also allows you to easily pass your NFA items on to your children or heirs just like you would with any other firearm. We generally recommend a trust for most people simply because of the versatility of being able to allow other people to take possession of the item, and the ease of handing these items down to your children or heirs.
To purchase a silencer or NFA item you will need to first purchase the item from our physical retail store, or at, along with purchasing your tax stamp and/or trust option under Silencer Shop’s “services” tab. You will need to visit our store and use the Silencer Shop kiosk to collect your fingerprints and all of the administrative info for your application, then create an account on the ATF eForms website (please keep your USERID and PIN handy for the next step). The final step is to certify your application, which is when your wait time officially begins. When your form is ready to certify, you will receive an email from Silencer Shop that says “ready to certify – contact your dealer”. During the certification process you will have to enter your USERID and 4 digit PIN for the ATF eForms website.