Coyote Creek is an authorized MN DNR licensing and registration agent for Residents and Non-Residents. You can purchase the following licenses at our store:

  • Hunting License
  • Fishing License
  • Safety Certificate
  • Ski Pass
  • Trail Sticker
  • Hunting Lottery Application
  • Harvest Registration
  • ATV, ORV, OHM, Snowmobile & Boat Renewal

Minnesota Residents

If you are 21 or older you must have a resident record on file. To create a resident record please follow the listed guidelines and complete the forms at Coyote Creek.

Anyone 21 years of age or older, must possess a current Minnesota Driver’s License or a current Minnesota Public Safety ID. To qualify as a resident an individual must have maintained a legal residence in the state for at least 60 days prior to applying for or purchasing a license.


Any license purchase requiring special documentation (e.g., social security disability, nonresident students) must visit a license agent (such as Coyote Creek) or the DNR to purchase the license. Anyone born on or after January 1, 1980 must have a MN DNR Firearms Safety Hunter Education Certification or Hunter Safety Education Certificate issued by another State in order to obtain a license to hunt or trap in Minnesota (a Permit to Carry does not meet this requirement). Please consult the appropriate regulations before purchasing your license/pass/registration for season dates times and information.

Purchasing Information

1. Register your information at Coyote Creek Outdoors.

2. Pay for your purchase. We accept cash and credit card, no checks.

3. A ticket will be printed with the confirmation of your purchase and/or print your license/pass/certificate. Note: You cannot participate in the activity with the confirmation page.

4. We will be able to print and you will be able to use most license/passes/certificates immediately; however, if your purchase cannot be printed because it requires a tag or sticker (i.e., deer, bear, turkey, shelter) you must wait for it to arrive in the mail before participating in the activity.

5. Licenses that require a tag or sticker should be received by US postal mail within 5 to 10 business days from the date of your online purchase.

6. Temporary vehicle and boat registration receipts can be printed and are valid for 21 days until you receive your registration documents by mail.

7. If you fail to receive your tag, license or sticker within 10 days please contact


You can conveniently register your game animal (deer & turkey) at Coyote Creek Gun & Archery. According to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, you must register your game before processing or removing antlers, and within 48 hours after taking the animal.

  • When you arrive at Coyote Creek, come inside and notify a staff member that you need to register your game animal
  • Present the staff member with your harvest registration tag
  • The person whose name appears on the license must be present at the registration station with their animal
  • You will receive a big game possession tag and your process is complete
  • Coyote Creek will then complete the registration process with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources